What to Say
To report suspicious activity, contact an authority or call 1-866-HLS-TIPS. In an emergency, dial 911. Describe specifically what you observed, including:
Tell an Authority
Say something to an authority if there is one nearby.
- Tell a police officer
- On a bus, tell the driver
- In a train or at a train station, tell a conductor or a transit worker
- At an airport, mall, or other public area, tell security personnel
- In a store or restaurant, tell the owner or manager
- In the workplace, tell your boss or direct supervisor
Call the CT Tip Line
If there isn't an authority nearby, call the statewide Homeland Security tip line:
It's a FREE and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In an emergency, call 9-1-1.